Toronto Christmas Market 2010 (image source)
1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
I always have the intention to start shopping early but I always end up picking up gifts last minute. I'm just not that good at buying presents for other people.
2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
I'm not sure. I haven't really seen that many christmas films. Aside from the Santa Claus and Home Alone films I don't really remember any of the others that well.
3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
I like Christmas Eve better. That's usually when family gets together to celebrate. We eat, sing, drink, and exchange presents. It's the best feeling and words can't describe how much I look forward to the holidays with my family. It's not like we don't get together often either, there's a big family thing at least once a month if not twice! Christmas day is usually quiet with nothing to do at home.
4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
Before the squirrels ransacked our little Christmas tree (see my All I Want for Christmas tag here), my mom would put up the tree at the beginning of Dec. We would all decorate it but my mom would finesse and make it just right. I just bought a new Christmas tree for my own place and put it up on Dec 10. I decorated it myself and the boyfriend helped a little bit. I want a bigger tree!
5. White lights or colored lights?
White and yellow/gold lights only. I also prefer the tiny old school glass bulbs, over the new bright LED bulbs that are the size of my finger.
6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
When I was young, so guilty of peeking, but now that I'm older I let people surprise me even though I'm not a fan of surprises.
7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
Santa's workshop! Living in Canada that poor gingerbread house is gonna turn to mush come end of December when we start to get snow.
8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
Just get together with family and family friends, eat, sing, drink, and exchange gifts.
9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
Anyone?! Honestly, my boyfriend. Almost nine years and I'm going through the gushy teehee phase again. Lol.
10. What tops your tree?
A stained glass gold star thing. 12.99 + tax at Walmart. Haha.
11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
I can't name one! Something in a pear tree?
12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
Never, but at work next Friday coworkers will get together for some holiday celebrations and to sing Christmas carols in the boardroom. Totally looking forward to it!
13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
I don't count down to Christmas. I don't count down to any day... One year I forgot my birthday. Lol.
14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Omg chocolates, candies, and holiday cookies. Caramels, toffees, fudge... Yum. I also love seasonal hot beverages like peppermint mochas and coffees. Warm spice cakes like gingerbread or bread puddings. No fruit cake please.
15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
It's less about the gifts but more about the time I get to spend with friends and family. I also love the twinkling lights, and the festive atmosphere. I know a lot of people are stressed out during the holidays but I find that people I know are pretty cheery and happy. I'm like a sponge when it comes to emotions, so being with happy, smiley, and cheerful people makes me happy and cheerful too.
If you've done this tag please leave a link to it below or feel free to do this tag in the comments section. I look forward to reading all of your responses!